Welcome to the University of Kentucky
Thank you for exploring opportunities for graduate education with us. The University of Kentucky (UK) Graduate School is a thriving community of scholars, researchers, and students, all dedicated to improving lives through excellence in education, research, leadership, creative work, service, and healthcare. We are proud of our reputation for excellence. Here are just a few reasons why we believe that UK would best fit your personal educational goals.
- UK is one of only seven universities in the U.S. that have Colleges of Agriculture, Engineering, Law, Medicine, and Pharmacy on a single campus.
- Home to nearly a dozen research centers, including the Center for Applied Energy Research (CAER) and the Tracy Farmer Institute for Sustainability and the Environment, UK has been awarded over $300 million annually in federal, state, and industry research grants and contracts.
- The William T. Young Library is among the world’s leading research libraries; its book endowment is the largest among public universities.
- UK’s scholars – students, faculty and alumni – have been the recipients of many prestigious awards including the Nobel and Pulitzer prizes, and honored by distinguished organizations such as the Rhodes Trust, the Fulbright Scholar Program, the Guggenheim Foundation, the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, and the Metropolitan Opera.
- UK offers advanced graduate degrees in 90 program areas, awarding doctoral degrees in 55 fields, master’s degrees in 85 fields, and graduate certificates in 52 focus areas. Choosing the right graduate program is an important decision; you can obtain more information about our Graduate Programs here. Additionally, our Admissions Counselors and Directors of Graduate Studies are available to answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to working with you as you continue your education journey.
Brian A. Jackson, Ph.D.
The Graduate School
Director of Graduate Admissions & Recruitment
Administrative Support Associate