GradScholar: A Doctoral Re-Orientation
"A good dissertation is a done dissertation, a great dissertation is a published dissertation, a perfect dissertation is neither."
GradScholar will assist doctoral candidates in navigating the difficult transition from graduate student to independent scholar. Participants in GradScholar can expect to learn more about and engage in meaningful conversations on:
- Dissertation writing and completion strategies.
- Effectively working with your advisor and doctoral committee.
- Writing with publication in mind.
- Peer advice on where/how to start and keep the momentum going.
- Resources and support for academic and career professional development.
- And more!
GradScholar is for graduate students who have recently entered the candidacy stage of their doctoral degree, or those who are close to completing their qualifying/comprehensive exams. As such, doctoral students must have completed, or will complete, their qualifying/comprehensive exam between May 2023 and May 2024 to participate.
Date: Friday, April 5, 2024
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. EST
[Registration will open in January 2024. Please check back here.]