Contract Length: May 16 to July 31
Employment Location: MCTC has campuses in Maysville, Morehead, Mt. Sterling and Cynthiana and will be hiring an Academic Advisor for each location. Typical workweek is Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Academic Advisors help students set academic goals based on transfer and/or career options and develop an academic plan to attain those goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Meet with students to help them explore their academic and career options. This may include administering a career assessment to help students make informed decisions.
• Communicate program's academic and non-academic requirements, policies, and procedures effectively and accurately.
• Help students develop an academic plan and register for Fall 2018 courses.
• Connect students to a variety of support services.
• Bachelor's degree in related discipline required (Education, Counseling, Academic or related field).
• Graduate degree or progress towards a graduate degree program preferred.
• Teaching/tutoring/academic advising/student support services experience preferred.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and relevant computer skills required.